How To Select The Right Travel bag?
Have you ever thought that why choosing the right travel bag for the trip is essential? If not paid attention to your travel bags then you must be lacking easement in your travel.
Table of Contents
Not only travel bags are sleek, trendy, and fashionable but also add comfort to your travel.
Gone are the days of one big family suitcase that shoulders the responsibility of retaining your family travel on that yearly trip you took. It may have done its job but let’s face it you got bored of carrying the same suitcase around for years, didn’t you? Not anymore.
How to choose the right travel bag?
You should never sacrifice quality when it comes to travel bag shopping. If you plan to travel often or take longer trips, it’s worth investing in higher-quality bags that are long-lasting and tough.
Otherwise, you will pay a lot to keep replacing damaged bags.
Though, wear and tear can’t be avoided, especially with bags taking a beating on planes and buses.
Opt for a dark-colored suitcase to hide scuffs better. Lighter colors will show wear and age much more quickly.
Tips for shopping for the right travel bag
- Shopping by need and tendencies is always good.
Will you be staying in hotels or hostels? taking shorter or longer trips traveling in places with an established or developed infrastructure?
- Spinner wheels are easier to haul through airports, but if you planning a trip to Europe, ditch the spinners for a backpack to avoid the cobblestone streets that will surely wreck the wheels.
- If possible, you should examine the product in-store.
However, the most innovative luggage brands typically only exist online.
- Research and compare various luggage brands before you make a purchase.
- Generally speaking, travel bags are not the place to save some money on your travels, but there are ways to find deals, especially during shopping holidays like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- You also don’t need to be pro-backpacker or inherently organized to pack well. All you need are pockets.
- A good thumb rule when shopping for any travel bag is the more pockets [and] organizers, the better. Use them for separating clean clothes from sullied ones.
You can even separate gifts for loved ones to take home after your vacation.
- You can’t go wrong with the following features for luggage options: 360 spinner wheels, expandability, compression straps, endless pockets, a side handle, built-in TSA locks, and polycarbonate material.
Types of travel bag
Here’s a guide on the luggage you should invest in before you head to your holiday destination.
It is the best piece of travel bag if you want to pack in extra stuff bottles, baby items, food items, etc. It comes with heavy-duty wheels and can hold a lot of items with a soft exterior.
One can strap the duffel bag from the outside to prevent the contents from juggling inside another great option for over-packers. This is strong and a good piece to invest in.
Pros: Rugged and strong.
Cons: Without wheels, a duffel bag can be hard to carry along.
Hard shell suitcases
Hard shell suitcases offer a lot less give in terms of packing space, which makes them less than ideal.
If you tend to accumulate endless tokens of your trip while you’re traveling.
It might not be a big enough problem to be a deal breaker, but it’s something to consider.
If you are clear about what to pack and how much to pack and want to save your luggage from rain and snow then look out for this travel bag.
The exterior of this suitcase is hard and will save fragile items from breaking. Comfort and convenience should be the priority while traveling. The luggage should be able to carry fragile items and its wheel should be sturdy.
They are sleek, don’t bunch in odd places, and bright colors make them easy to identify on the luggage belt.
Pros: Safe for fragile items.
Cons: Limited capacity due to hard-bound exterior.
For travelers who like hiking and adventure a wheeled backpack is easy to carry on your shoulder or roll through a heavy crowd.
A wheeled backpack has multiple mesh pockets to keep your mobile charger, laptop, and clothes in separate compartments. It also has straps to hold your articles.
This travel bag is sturdy and a handy piece of travel gear that one can surely invest in on a trip that involves transportation.
A backpack is easier to lift and carrying a backpack with a hard case can be even better, as it will allow you to bring back those delicate souvenirs properly.
Pros: Convenient, portable can hold a lot of items.
Cons: Preferable only for solo travelers.
Soft skin travel bag
This type is perfect if you can’t help packing extra. The soft shell material allows packing in some access baggage.
Soft skin suitcases come in materials like polycarbonate, polyester, nylon, and PVC.
It has a match compartment inside for knick-knacks.
Features like compression, straps, top, and side handle, and extra wheels help move the suitcase easily.
Soft skin travel bag allows squeezing in every inch of usable space. This allows fitting more into your suitcase. It is durable.
Fabric luggage does have one other advantage over hard shells, though. Thanks to their stretchiness, soft suitcases tend to be a little bit more accommodating to over-packers, while still maintaining the same carry-on size.
You’ll find it a little bit easier to zip them shut, even when they’re filled to the brim with extra pairs of clothes.
Pros: The soft exterior allows squeezing in extra items.
Cons: You will need to cover delicate items between your packed clothes.
To carry on among the smallest luggage is the overnighter suitcase. It is used to keep lightweight articles and clothes or even a laptop and it is suitable as carry-on luggage.
Overnighters are usually rolling type suitcases with options into or four wheels for study bright colored.
What to carry when?
Weekend trip/staycation- Overnighter
Long trip- partial soft skin travel bag
Hiking tracking- backpack
Hardshell- refers trolley carrying fragile items
Wardrobe staples opt for impressible designs in a range of colors. Trending shades like lavender line and mint green are best sellers this season.
How to pack smartly?
While packing your suitcase remember the following points
- Pack clothes maximum of one week. If the trip is extended then aim to do laundry on the trip.
- Roll clothes instead of folding them. Rolled clothes are compact and space-saving.
- Fold and stack the clothes vertically. This saves and prevents wrinkles.
- Start your packing process days or even weeks ahead of your departure date. This gives you time to craft a complete list and purchase additional items you might need to carry items that you will genuinely need.
- On the trip carry small items in travel pouches and carry travel bottles for toiletries.
Pro tip: Add a unique luggage tag to make your bag stand out from the others at the conveyor belt seat.
In simple words, research, comparison, and need is the satisfactory and adequate way to shop for a travel bag. Despite that, what type of travel bag you should carry also depends on the trip you are planning for.