Social Media Tips
Social media networks are vital for brands to generate sales and build brand awareness these days.
Table of Contents
- You can reach 3.48 billion users by combining all major social media platforms.
- Each user spends 2 hours and 23 minutes daily browsing social media content.
Look at the social media statistics that show the potential of using social media channels for businesses:
- Facebook receives an estimated 4+ billion visitors each month.
- Pinterest is home to 454+ million users.
- 500+ million accounts are active on Instagram daily.
Social media networks come with their own set of challenges such as ROI measurement, budget constraints, and rapidly-changing trends.
- To avoid them, you need to be active on all social media channels, posting high-value content daily based on a set marketing budget.
New businesses need to focus on a specific channel that suits their needs before expanding to other social media channels.
Followings are the top 5 proven social media marketing tips to accelerate your outreach efforts.
Proven advantages of an effectively executed social media strategy:
- Boost brand awareness
- Increased customer-base
- Interact with the targeted audience more closely
- Boost website traffic
- Generate more leads
- Increased competitive advantage
1. Set your goal first
According to a study, 30% of businesses tend to get more successful with clear goal sets.
Anticipating solid results without clear goal setting is nothing more than fantasy.
First things first, your social media goal must align with overall marketing efforts.
- Before you jumpstart your social media strategy, you must first set a clear goal and well-defined plans. However, it should be based on data-driven tactics.
Easier steps to set your goal
- Break down your goals into smaller action steps.
- Define in numbers (e.g 1000 sales in a month).
- Set deadlines for each goal.
- All your goals must align with all marketing efforts.
The questionnaire you need to ask yourself before setting a goal
- Who is your targeted audience? What are popular social media channels they use regularly?
- What strategies work well on these channels?
- What contents are more trending or increased engagement on these channels?
- How is your content going to stand out?
- Who are your competitors? Where are they active?
These questions will surely guide you to build an effective marketing strategy. Take your time to answer all these questions with patience.
2. Posting niche-specific content
Focus on creating niche-specific content for targeted audiences eventually increases engagement.
Your targeted audience can be anyone like your existing customers, website visitors, newsletter subscribers, followers, and so on.
Sometimes you can even target random users who have shown interest in your brand in the comment section.
- The right way to win the content game is by ever pacing with the latest trend. It can be rightly traced via keen research or analysis.
You can also use tools like Buzzsumo and Social Animal to curate trending content and topics for posts.
- Compile a list of pages or sites of your niche that always post high-quality content. Then, add the list to RSS feeders like Feedly.
- You can now see their latest content flow. Keep winning by simply following their content examples and creating on-trend content.
Social media trends that are happening right now
- Live video content is climbing the ladder.
- Hike of Instagram stories— another go-to tactic for businesses.
- Messaging apps are rising to make communication more effective or interactive with targeted audiences.
- Influencer marketing is all the rage.
- Virtual reality is growing as an all-time powerful marketing tactic
3. Promotion is mandatory
Sometimes high-quality contents get zero engagements just because of low reach.
Promotion is required to expand reach or garner the attention of targeted audiences. For better promotion, you can create groups on social media— especially on Facebook.
It can increase your website traffic, and brand awareness and promote your product or services in a non-sales way.
You can partner with influencers for better promotion. According to reports, influencers give an average earned media value of $5.78 for every $1 spent.
- They are the right investment for building the credibility and authenticity of your brand. They have the power to humanize your brand with the right content.
Make sure you choose influencers in your specific niche.
- It is not like you should look for influencers who have massive followers, you can pick up micro and nano influencers too who hold a passionate community of followers.
These influencers are often more cost-effective and approachable than VIP influencers.
4. Focus on videos
Video contents have an increased attention rate than other forms of content.
They are good for building brand awareness, and brand credibility, and promoting your products or services.
93% of marketers claim that they have earned new customers solely from social videos.
Another report shows that 63% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI they earned through investing in videos.
- Creating videos is effortless with popular video editing software that is quite efficient for creating professional-looking videos.
Your content strategy must incorporate creatives too. You don’t need to be a graphic designer, you can use tools like
- Canva to wow your audience. You can even outsource professionals for high-quality graphics.
5. Perform an A/B test
- The best way to identify the right content type according to your business needs or goal is through A/B testing.
- You can start posting different content such as still images or videos until you pick up the right content type that constantly performs well.
- This risk-free process cuts extra effort and saves time in content creation.
- In each post, you can experiment with different elements (e.g captions, images, copies, hashtags, and emojis) to decide which combination drives more engagement.
Equally, you should keep track of the performance of each post measuring together with elements such as engagement rate, clicks, comments, shares, and other parameters.
Repeat this process again and again with all the variants and note the changes in responses. Select a set of best practices from the outcomes and use the winning variant.
Social media marketing is rather easy, but its advantages cannot be ignored.
- If you don’t take it seriously, you will most likely miss leads, visibility, and sales. You can apply the above social media strategies until you discover the final winning strategy.
- Remember always that social media is used to communicate with each other. You won’t get scalable results until you prioritize your audience.