The fact that digital marketing is dynamic and evolving lightning-fast.
Table of Contents
| The majority of changes since the COVID-19 pandemic, especially among B2B and B2C when consumers take the step to research and review a certain brand. |
By now, it is essential to pace up with the trends to be on the curve of competition though it is quite a challenge to keep up with every aspect.
It pushes us to conduct thorough research on future changes to help marketers or digital leaders navigate this new landscape.
1. Video Marketing
- Video content is booming and likely to be in the loop following 5-10 years.
- Video marketing is valuable for repurposing and republishing your existing content or vice-versa.
- TikTok, Instagram Reels, and YouTube Shorts are good alternatives to applying different video marketing strategies.
The good thing about short videos is— take minimum time to watch and are precise in the content.
- However, they are ideal for candid, behind-the-scenes, DIY, and real stories as younger audiences expect the unpolished look of their favorite brands.
Producing videos has extra advantages such as:
- You can transcribe already produced videos and publish them as articles on your website for better ranking.
- Extract the audio alone and use it as a podcast episode.
- Use videos as a tool in your email marketing campaigns by keeping ‘video’ in the subject— just to increase open rates by 19%.
- You can upload the raw video with added transcription as subtitles on Facebook. It assumes that native Facebook videos get increased engagement and impression rather than shared YouTube videos.
- Personalization is getting more urgent for advertisers. It is essential for grabbing the audience’s attention in an oversaturated landscape.
Earlier advertisers cast their net in the hope that their ads would garner maximum people’s attention. Now it turns into a futile effort.
- They have realized that precisely targeted ads can only cater to the right audience.
- To be more personalized, the focus must be on the time and place of the advert rather than the content itself.
Take time to understand the platform your prospects are using and how they are using them. It allows you to create personalized messaging based on demographic.
- However, allows the company’s message to reach the potential audience in the most provoking way and makes the ad spend worthwhile by increasing customer loyalty.
- The same consideration, which includes gauging the specific locations and cultural associations, needs to be taken care of when you are marketing the exact product or service.
Chatbots, the latest innovation made by AI technology that provides automated human-like messages to web visitors in real time, have already been included in conversational marketing.
It prospects that chatbots are going to be more advanced with AI technology in the future for more efficient customer experiences.
Uberall found that 80% of consumers have positive experiences with chatbots.
- Chatbots are available 24/7. It means queries are solved in real-time.
- Not only that, they suggest stuff based on the user’s buying history.
- These automated virtual assistants offer outstanding customer service by meeting customers’ expectations and automating repetitive tasks, allowing you to invest in other productive tasks.
4. AI-powered optimization
AI technology, which recently ramped up during COVID-19, has already dominated almost every sector including content creation, chatbots, search engines, etc.
- According to a PwC survey from over 1,000 US-based companies, 52% have accelerated their AI adoption plans.
- Bloggers are already using it to produce blog posts and website copies. Not only that, AI can keep track of consumer behavior and search patterns.
- It has the power to retrieve data from social media networks and blog posts to help businesses know how consumers can find their products or services.
5. Voice search
The fact that 1 billion voice searches take place every month shows the rise of voice searches.
It pushes companies to rethink their digital marketing strategies. According to reports, 20% of all internet searches are voice-based.
- Voice search is a critical part of search engines allowing users to get relevant information based on the speech.
It is a myth that companies are producing voice content in the hope of increased ranking, but producing for sake of building brand awareness. Voice search has potential mainly in ads.
It means the specific voice assistant will answer the user’s query along with a “word from the sponsor.”
- Visual search has been popularised by Google Lens.
- It allows you to get information about the product just by uploading a picture of it. It assumes that in later years visual search will have increased demand.
6. Social messaging apps
Social messaging is an effective communication tool for businesses. It is a great addition to conversational marketing strategy.
- Top social messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and WeChat have 4.5 billion users combined.
According to a report, 56% of global messaging app users claim that they messaged brands to get more information in all stages of the buyer’s journey.
Customers expect brands to have a presence in social messaging apps as they are direct and easy to connect with.
Reasons why brands should incorporate social messaging apps
- Foster communication
- Seamless information passing
- Involve people in events
- Offer support and assistance
- Boost sales
- Attract potential customers
- Finally, you’ve taken this far. Hope this guide will give you a clear idea of the upcoming trend and allow you to adapt to the changes accordingly.
- To emphasize, change is the basis of digital marketing. You must look forward and strive to adopt new technologies, tools, and strategies along the way.